- Films do not have to have been shot in Texas, but they MUST involve a local filmmaker who can attend the event.
- Films may not exceed 20 minutes in length, though exceptions can be made in extraordinary circumstances.
- Filmmakers whose work is accepted must have someone integral to the film's production attend the event and participate in a Q&A.
- Films prior to 2016 are not eligible.
- All films must be in English or have English subtitles.
- We typically screen narrative shorts, but documentary shorts, music videos, and webisodes are also accepted as long as they do not exceed our time limit.
- We don't require any kind of premiere status, nor do we restrict films that are already online.
- Please note that submission does not guarantee acceptance. If your film is not accepted, it unfortunately does not mean just for the upcoming month. It is a hard no. Alternatively, if you have not heard back regarding acceptance for over a month, it could be that we are holding your film for a later month.
- Submission fees are non-refundable. All films will be considered fairly. If a submitter failed to read the guidelines and is disqualified, even if they caught their error before we did, submission fees cannot be refunded because FilmFreeway does not refund their share.